Select to view content in your preferred language

Compare versions with Data Reviewer (incl. point, line, polygon, related tables/attachment)

05-15-2015 07:26 AM
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

I want to interactively review and resolve all differences between a child version and Default (it's parent). This includes point/line/polygon features, geodatabase tables with relationships, and geodatabase attachments. By default the Versioning toolbar provides the ability to resolve conflicts interactively, but I'm interested in doing this for all differences and not only for conflicts. Can Data Reviewer help with this, including with differences in related geodatabase tables? (It seems to only work with geometric data, is that correct?)

Scenario: field crews will be insert/update/deleting data via Collector app. Office staff needs to validate all edits before they go into the Default version. I'd like the office staff to be able to easily click through all differences on a row-by-row basis and either reject or accept the feature in the child version.

Thank you,

Tobias

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor

Hello Tobias,

There is a tool in Data Reviewer called Version Differences.  This will allow you to compare features between versions, parent/child & siblings.  You have the option to identify all features that are different or only where there is a conflict.  I think this may be the tool you are looking for. It will report on feature classes and tables. However, I don't know if it works on attributed relationships classes.  Check it out.

Cheers,

michellej.

Data Quality ManagementData Reviewer

0 Kudos