Select to view content in your preferred language

AGOL Data Pipelines and Linear Referenced Data?

08-22-2023 12:41 PM
Labels (2)
charliemix1
New Contributor III

Will AGOL's Data Pipelines work with linear referenced data? I'm starting research on a pilot project that will allow users to submit road data in a web app to be appended/added to an existing dataset using Esri's Roads and Highways linear referenced data. These user would be outside of the parent/hosting organization of the master dataset.

Thanks, 

Charlie Mix

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Charlie

XYZM coordinate dimensions are not currently supported by Data Pipelines but measures could be held as attribute values on point data, or measure ranges as attribute pairs on linear features.  Layers like this could be used in conjunction with other tools to submit linear referencing data using Data Pipelines.  Please do engage with us on the Ideas board or through your local Esri representative.

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I feel like linear referencing is a huge hole in ESRI's online tools and the fact that you can't just click to obtain a milepost location or find a specific milepost location is almost criminal. That being said, it can be done with Roads & Highways but it requires some programming and extra work to set up (which, is why I'm not doing it).

Anyways, check out the answer in this thread for more details. The Github sample has a link to a working demo.

Steve

0 Kudos