XML import error attempted on empty geometry?

06-18-2015 08:44 AM
DougRulison
New Contributor III

Anyone ever get this attempting to import an xml file into a fgdb?  I'm using x-ray for geodatabase tools within arcCatalog.

I've created my xml file and have validated the file.  no errors were reported relating to geometry issues.  I have applied my spatial reference and then ran the xml to gdb command.  My output stops after a series of parcel fabrics tables were loaded, then it appears to fail.

Doug Rulison
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SteveGrise
New Contributor III

Hi Doug, if you send me the Xml workspace file I can take a look. I'm the author of X-Ray and I do a lot of repairs on these files - many things can go wrong and the Validator just checks for common errors. Either attach to a reply or you can send directly.

0 Kudos
DougRulison
New Contributor III

Steve,

It doesn't appear to be attached but I didn't see any upload error.   I'm having trouble.  I did upload this to GeoNet as well, but not sure where that is or where it goes.  I tried emailing the xml but that got kicked back.  [invalid e-mail redacted - VJA]

Doug

Doug Rulison
0 Kudos
SteveGrise
New Contributor III

try steve @ vertex3.com

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Even those with Esri globes next to their names are not certain to be esri.com addresses (might be international distributors).  GeoNet users who are mutually following each other can use messaging capabilities (to keep spammers from harvesting e-mail addresses).

- V

0 Kudos