Workgroup SDE and Permissions

03-02-2010 10:08 AM
CoryMacNeil
New Contributor
Hi,

I have installed Workgroup SDE and Server Advanced.  When I publish a map service that is referencing the data stored in the Workgroup SDE I cannot preview my map service, it is blank.  If I publish a map referencing a file geodatabase, I can preview my map service.  Which leads me to a permissions problem.

I have given the SOC permissions to the arcgisserver folders (cache, output, etc.), I have given the SOC permissions to the geodatabase itself.
I had this working at 9.4 Beta 1 on the same machine, a Vista OS, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Cory
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussellBrennan
Esri Contributor
Hi Cory,

Please contact support. We will be able to help troubleshoot this issue.
0 Kudos
CoryMacNeil
New Contributor
Hi Russell,

I have just solved my problem.

Originally, the Geodatabase was created on a Windows XP machine by a coworker.  The MDF was copied over to the Vista machine and attached.  The "Name:" in the Geodatabase Properties was pointing to C:\Documents and Settings/<user name>/...
However, that does not exist in Vista.  It's location is "C:\users\<user name>\...

To solve the problem, I recreated a brand new GDB and copied and pasted the data.  Now the server knows where the data is located.  Still don't know why this same MDF worked at Beta 1 on this Vista machine though.

Cheers,
Cory
0 Kudos