WFS connection keeps showing No Geometry

06-06-2012 10:25 AM
EricDaniel
Occasional Contributor III
I'm attempting to add a WFS connection via the Interoperability Connections.  I'm using the 10.1 prerelease which I think has changed a little bit from 10.0.  For example the Settings button in 10.0 has been changed to being called Parameter.  So I go to add the WFS address under Dataset after selecting WFS for the Format.  However, the Parameters button remains greyed out.  Not sure why.  So I click OK and the .fdl connection shows up but only shows "NoGeometry" under the .fdl name.  Below is the WFS address that I know works.  Do I need to be adding more or less to the WFS address. 

http://ogi.state.ok.us/geoserver/wfs?service=WFS&version=1.1.0

Any help here would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Eric

I could make it work, I attach the fdl file renamed to .txt.
I had to try several lf the available layers to find data and make the axis order 2,1.

Regards
0 Kudos
EricDaniel
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for the reply and answer Bruce.  That is definitely getting me much closer but I'm still getting an error when trying to add it to the TOC in ArcMap.   With your help, I'm now seeing the feature listed in ArcCatalog but when I go to drag it into the TOC of ArcMap I get the following error.  "Error Reading Interoperability Data" in the title and within the message:  "This dataset appears to be invalid. Please verify that your settings or file contents are correct, and try again."  So I didn't change any of the settings from the fdl file you sent me.  I did notice that if you add the feature via the Add button rather than drag/drop into the TOC, it adds the feature with no error but the attribute table is empty.  Anything else you think I could try?  Do I need to do something more in order to get features added vs. a blank feature class.
0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor
Eric

We cannot reproduce the problem using ArcGIS 10.1.  Can you download and install the released product from the customer care portal?

Regards
0 Kudos
josesanchez1
New Contributor III
Have you checked that in the capabilities of the WFS service the 'Enable maximum number of features returned by service' option is DISABLED?

This can turn into NoGeometry as a result.

Or maybe the WFS service is not public anymore, and the interoperability connection is not able to retrieve any feature.
0 Kudos