Webmap Layers

01-21-2016 08:06 AM
LauraBaskett
New Contributor

I've made a map on ArcGIS Online and have published and shared this map.  Thru the Explorer app my users are unable to get the layers to load (even on WI-FI).  The map will open, but when checking the map layers all they get is spinning icons and they will never load.  I am able to get them to work on an iPhone but nothing Android based.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LuciHawkins
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Laura,

We have maps shared with groups that can be opened in Explorer for IOS (ipads, ipods and iphones work fine for us) or Android (various phones and tablets work fine for us).  We have maps where the layers are hosted at ArcGIS Online and some maps where the layers are from a rest service behind a firewall which requires a VPN connection before the user can see the map.  What type of Android device(s) have you tried?

Thanks,

Luci

0 Kudos
LauraBaskett
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.  I'm trying to get both smartphones and tablets with Android to work.  Both will open the map initially but will never load the layers.  As I stated, they just show the spinning arrow when checking the map layers - never get the green check mark.

0 Kudos
BrianSchwartz
New Contributor

The exact same problem is occurring with us.  The maps and layers open fine on any device that is not an Android.  However, it was working fine about 2 weeks ago. Some of the maps no longer load the map image either.  It shows the Loading map message then only displays a black screen.

0 Kudos