Way to Overwrite Hosted Feature Service Created by another user

Jump to solution
08-18-2020 10:18 AM
JustinPence2
Occasional Contributor

This should be simple, but I may be missing something.  I have a Shapefile that sits on my company local drive, that gets updated daily, which I then publish as a Hosted Feature Service in my Portal.  I Overwrite the feature service once a day when I re-publish to Portal.  As far as I can see, I can overwrite my content, by no one else can overwrite the content I publish.  I've added the layer to a specific group, added specific group members with publisher access, added the ability to edit the data....but they can not see the layer when they try and overwrite it in ArcGIS Pro, because they are not the owner.

Is this normal behavior, am I missing something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Justin,

Yes, what you have described is the expected behavior. Only you as the owner or the administrator of ArcGIS organization can overwrite the web layer. Anyone else will not see the item when they try to overwrite. See Overwrite a web feature layer for more information.

Best,

Jonah

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Justin,

Yes, what you have described is the expected behavior. Only you as the owner or the administrator of ArcGIS organization can overwrite the web layer. Anyone else will not see the item when they try to overwrite. See Overwrite a web feature layer for more information.

Best,

Jonah

0 Kudos
JustinPence2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the fast response.  If I had a wish, it would be to have two owners to the same file, rather then one.  Will try and look for other methods.

0 Kudos