versioning

07-25-2016 09:58 PM
jayasudha
New Contributor III

I have some feature classes in SCOTT schema and created two versions (1) QA (2) TEST on sde.default. Then registered some feature classes as versioned and editing is carried out on two versions. The edits are reconciled in favour of edit version.

(Q1) I got warning message that version is protected when edits are posted, Do I need to enable the sde.default version as public to post edits ?

(Q2) There are delta tables (add/delete) in SCOTT schema and contains edits. Whether these delta tables are removed automatically if i delete versions ?

(Q3) There are records in states and state_lineages tables. Whether these records are removed automatically if i delete versions ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

(Q1) I got warning message that version is protected when edits are posted, Do I need to enable the sde.default version as public to post edits ?

Not necessarily. Depends on which user you are using to perform the reconcile\post.

As SDE is the creator of the Default version, only SDE will be able to edit in that version or Post changes to the Default version, when the Access level is set to Protected or Private.

If you want other users to be able to post edits to Default, then Yes, you need to change the Access level to Public.

(Q2) There are delta tables (add/delete) in SCOTT schema and contains edits. Whether these delta tables are removed automatically if i delete versions ?

No, Delta Tables are only removed when you 'Unregister as Versioned' the data

(Q3) There are records in states and state_lineages tables. Whether these records are removed automatically if I delete versions ?

You will not observe any changes in those tables, when you delete the Versions directly. But, the edits in those Versions will be lost, unless you have already done the Reconcile\Post.

0 Kudos
jayasudha
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos