Using ESRI World Imagery with ENVI tools

10-24-2013 05:43 AM
JayErwin
New Contributor
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has successfully used the "ESRI World Imagery" map service with the ENVI ArcGIS toolbox?   Hoping to run classified and unclassified analysis on imagery in Europe, and the World Imagery service has quite a bit of High res imagery.  

I know the ENVI platform on it's own can connect to Rest endpoints, but the World Imagery service is not available outside the Arc platform as far as I can tell.  So I am trying to find an answer if it is possible with the toolbox in Arc?  Have called ESRI support and unfortunately, most of the reps don't even know what ENVI is, nor the fact that a toolbox is available directly in the ArcGIS platform.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Jay
0 Kudos
1 Reply
larryzhang1
New Contributor III

Wondering if anyone has successfully used the "ESRI World Imagery" map service with the ENVI ArcGIS toolbox?   Hoping to run classified and unclassified analysis on imagery in Europe, and the World Imagery service has quite a bit of High res imagery.  

Jay,

Within ENVI 5.0 /SP3 (ENVI GP tools in ArcGIS 10.x), it is not available to access image services /bands for further image processing...

+++++++++++
However, with the coming release of ENVI (ENVI Service Engine & ENVI for ArcGIS Server), it might be potential to work with image service from ArcGIS image server, somehow. (But, still doubt if it will work on cached �??ESRI World Imagery�??.�?�)
0 Kudos