upgrade a user schema gdb after upgrading the master

Jump to solution
05-28-2020 08:00 AM
RedaAli
New Contributor III

Hi ,

• is the user schema gdb means the owner of GIS DATA?

• shall I upgrade the user schema after the upgrade of master schema?

• I have upgrade the master then when connecting to the user who own the GIS Data and then from database properties dialog it marked the upgrade status as attached  (matched the release you are currently using) without any upgrade for the user schema? is this O.K?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Check the INSTANCES table to see if you have any entries; ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) 

That will tell you if you have user-schema geodatabases

--- George T.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
George_Thompson

If you do not have "true" user-schema enterprise geodatabases then you are fine if you updated the SDE schema.

Upgrade a user-schema geodatabase—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

You may want to also upgrade to a later release than 10.3. Support for 10.3.x will be retired on Dec. 1, 2020; Esri Support ArcMap 10.3 (10.3.1) 

--- George T.
RedaAli
New Contributor III

Hi George.

what does it mean by a "true" user schema.

I started upgrade from 10.0 to 10.7 so its required to upgrade to 10.3 first, so I'm affraid of upgrading from 10.3 to 10.7 with out upgrade the user schema.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

If you are not sure if you have what we call a user-schema geodatabase (Upgrade a user-schema geodatabase—Geodatabases in Oracle | Documentation ) then you should be good after upgrading the SDE schema.

Based on your original screenshot, it looks like you only need to upgrade the SDE schema and you should be good.

Hope that helps!

--- George T.
0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Check the INSTANCES table to see if you have any entries; ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) 

That will tell you if you have user-schema geodatabases

--- George T.
RedaAli
New Contributor III

Thank you !

0 Kudos