Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to disable Editor Tracking on Version 10.1 File Geodatabase

10-05-2012 06:27 AM
PatrickMoulden
Deactivated User
Long story short, I have to disable editor tracking on a v.10.1 file geodatabase so a client who is still on version 10.0 can access the data.  I have attempted this both by using right click>Manage>Disable Editor Tracking and unchecking the editor tracking in the properties dialog box.  In most scenarios this seems to work but later editor tracking will spontaneously re-enable on certain feature classes and with one feature class in particular I am unable to disable editor tracking at all.

Any Ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
PM
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Patrick,

Do you receive an error when you attempt to disable editor tracking on the one feature class?

How large is the File Geodatabase?  If it is relatively small, can you copy/paste the feature classes into a new File Geodatabase to see if it exhibits the same behavior?
0 Kudos
PatrickMoulden
Deactivated User
Hi Patrick,

Do you receive an error when you attempt to disable editor tracking on the one feature class?

How large is the File Geodatabase?  If it is relatively small, can you copy/paste the feature classes into a new File Geodatabase to see if it exhibits the same behavior?

I receive no error message when attempting to disable editor tracking on what has grown to a list of 3 feature classes, nothing seems to happen at all.

The geodatabase is quite large (around 60MB), I attempted exporting the XML workspace and loading it into a new file geodatabase but no luck there, just replicates the problem.
0 Kudos