UK aerial imagery

12-14-2017 06:15 AM
AFor
by
New Contributor II

Hi

Some of the UK aerial imagery which was updated to 2016 images has reverted to 2011 imagery, anyone know why & when it will go back to the 2016 imagery?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

where is the imagery link?

0 Kudos
AFor
by
New Contributor II

Hi Dan

I’m using the link from ArcMap to Add data – basemap – imagery.

The confusion I have is that for the aerial imagery I had for a location was 2016 a few weeks ago but is now 2011.

Regards

Angela

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

This might be why you're seeing older imagery: Issues with the World Imagery Service — Esri UK  although I assume you're the same person who commented on that post

Does the World Imagery Clarity service meet your needs better? http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=da10cf4ba254469caf8016cd66369157  

Carmel

AFor
by
New Contributor II

Hi Carmel

Yes I’m the same person as commented on that post & the imagery has been updated but in some locations seems to have reverted to 2011

Regards

Angela

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so you have an option now, but I am sure if you keep the original link, you can follow updates for that service

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Angela, 

You mave have used this before: How To: Provide feedback on basemaps in ArcGIS.com  but could be useful tool to be specific about the areas you're looking at. I'll also recommend contacting your region's Tech Support team directly as well. If you're in the UK you can do this using one of the methods listed here: Contact Support | Esri UK  

Carmel

AFor
by
New Contributor II

Hi Carmel

The link you gave me has given me a more up to date aerial, thanks. I haven't used the feedback on basemaps before but I'll keep a note of it.

Regards

Angela