Topology

05-13-2011 08:49 AM
PennySawyer
New Contributor
Yes I am a intern using ArcGIS info version at work my project involves me to digitized. I am editing any errors like gaps and overlaps with the toplolgy tool but I noticed that only a couple tools in the topology tools activated. I can use the topology tool, and show shared features while in editor mode. However; the construct features because the selection contains a feature from the target feature class. The topology tools not activate that I am unable to use are validate specified area, current extent, entrire topology, fix topology error tool and error inspection.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
terrijohnson
New Contributor
Penny
I have been using topology a short time also but this is what I have learned maybe it help
You said you were in Edit mode  but are you sure you're in the correct geodatabase that contains your layers  also you did create a Feature Dataset with a topology for those layers that were imported into that geodatabase?
I assume you are using Arcmap to do your editing.  Did you add the Topology into your map?  you can right click, Properties, Symbology you can change by error type 
If possible try another desktop with ArcGIS and do a test on that Topology to be sure it was not bad install on your pc  hope this helps
tj
0 Kudos