Tools or Tricks to check for Cache Completeness?

Jump to solution
07-11-2014 12:18 PM
JamieHammermann
New Contributor III

In 10.1 and 10.2, there is a Status.gdb that may or may not indicate errors while running cache jobs.

I've found that even if there are no errors thrown and Status.gdb looks good, there are still cases of empty tiles being created.

I'm curious to find out if there is any way to identify empty tiles, or if there are other tools which indicate caching status.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies
StefanJaquemar
New Contributor III
JamieHammermann
New Contributor III

Thank you Stefan.  I tried to download the script, but the zip file appears to be invalid.  It looks like Esri is moving a lot of files on their website, so I will try again in a few days.  It looks like it could be really useful!

0 Kudos
StefanJaquemar
New Contributor III

Hi. I just tried the download and it worked. The file is really small. Just about 183kB.

0 Kudos
JamieHammermann
New Contributor III

Hmmm.  I am really stumped.  I tried downloading it using 3 different browsers and 2 machines.  I get an 'invalid' 180Kb .zip file.

0 Kudos
StefanJaquemar
New Contributor III

try with a different network

0 Kudos
JamieHammermann
New Contributor III

I was just able to download it on my home network.  It is extremely helpful!  The output feature class shows you the bundle name and file size, so you can look for small file sizes.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamie,

Have you checked out the "Manage Map Server Cache Status" tool?  This could be another option for you to get the information you are looking for.  ArcGIS Help "Manage Map Server Cache Status" (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Another option is to check out the "View Cache Status" option for your cached services. (ArcGIS Help "View Cache Status" 10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Hope one or both of these options help!

Sarah

StefanJaquemar
New Contributor III

As far as I know you won't find missing tiles with the Manage Map Server Cache Status or View Cache Status tools.

It just tells how many percent of the Cache have been "successfully" created.

Nevertheless they are helpfull.