Select to view content in your preferred language

table of the raster file in the �??preview�?� tab

12-09-2013 07:30 PM
YoshiTsuzuki
Deactivated User
I am ArcGIS 10.1, student evaluation version. I would like to know how I can see the table of the raster file in the �??preview�?� tab. I hope this questions is appropriate for this sub-forum.

I am trying to use a raster data of land use, which have been downloaded from the government website (attached). This is land use raster data. I have converted the raster file to polygon file using the Conversion tools. There are four fields in the attribute table of the polygon file (FID, Shape, ID and GRIDCODE), but necessary information has been seemed to be missed. According to the instruction by the officer, there should be other fields of some codes. I have contacted the government section and communicated for a while, and it has been found that some fields might be missed in the conversion process from the raster to polygon. I have also found that there might be some differences between the instruction by the officer and my experiences with the student evaluation version. Therefore, I am wondering the differences are problems of the student evaluation version.

The government officer has instructed me to connect to the raster file folder with ArcCatalog. Then, see table in the �??preview�?� window. However, when I select �??preview�?� tab in the window, I was asked whether I would like to create pyramids or not. When I select �??no�?�, a map image has been appeared. Even when I select �??yes�?� with pyramid resembling technique �??Nearest Neighbour�?�, and Pyramid compression type �??Default�?�, a map image has appeared, however, at the bottom of the preview window, only �??geography�?� can be selected, and �??table�?� does not appeared. The government officer has instructed me that I can see the field table when I select "Table" at the bottom of the preview window. I would like to know how I can see the table of the raster file in the �??preview�?� tab.

I would be glad if you have any helps to solve this problem.
0 Kudos
0 Replies