Symbology Confusion

06-26-2012 06:53 AM
EricRoot
New Contributor III
Hey,

I am using the create new features tool to create new point features on a utility map. The point features represent hydro poles and each type has its own symbol. Some types have an attachment on them, which changes the symbol.

The layer is set up so that the owner and JU_Bell rows determine the symbology for the pole. For some reason when attempting to create new features, only the first attribute will be taken into consideration. When I go into the Template properties and select <Null> as the JU_Bell value (by selecting it from the list), I get the following error message:

"A feature created with these default values will not draw with the current layer drawing properties. Are you sure you want to use these default values?"

On the screenshot attached, the original symbology can be seen on the left under the layer titled 'Poles', and the improper symbology can be seen on the right in the create features tool under 'Poles'.

The symbology between the two windows does not match. In the example posted, I am attempting to change the "Bell, <Null>" pole symbol to be a solid green circle, as shown on the left. For some reason, it is being displayed as a Green circle with a red dot - the same symbol that would be used for the "Bell, Attachment" pole.

I am wondering how to set the template for create features so that I can plot more poles on the map.

I have attached a photo of the issue I am having.

Can anyone help me out?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies