ST_Geometry and ST_Raster Library Files

02-29-2016 03:21 PM
MichaelBoley
New Contributor

Where is the best place to get a copy of the ST_Geometry and ST_Raster libraries for an Oracle 12c database running on RHEL 6?  I downloaded, unzipped and extracted the ArcGIS_for_Server_Linux_104_149446.tar.gz thinking they would be included in this download but I cannot find them.  There has got to be an easier way to get a copy of these files.  Please help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

It might help to post this thread in a more appropriate place to get the views that you need. The GeoNet help is for help with the GeoNet.

Have you looked at this article about configuring Oracle:

Configure the Oracle extproc to access the geodatabase with SQL—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Or maybe this article on the ST_Geometry in Oracle:

ST_Geometry in Oracle—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

0 Kudos
MichaelBoley
New Contributor

Sorry, I am an Oracle DBA and know very little about ArcGIS.  I did not realize that this posting was in the wrong forum.

Yes, I have the article you referenced open in a browser tab at this very moment.  It says to "Download libraries from My Esri or copy the libst_raster_ora library from <ArcMap or ArcGIS Server installation directory>\DatabaseSupport\Oracle\<Operating System>."   Unfortunately, you cannot just download the library files from My Esri.  It appears that you have to download the entire ArcGIS for Server, unzip the downloaded file, extract the entire installation directory and file structure and then extract the two little library files from another tar file embedded within the original tar file.

It took an hour an 45 minutes to download the ArcGIS for Server file and at least that much longer for me to find the library files.  There has got to be a better way but please excuse me for asking for help in the wrong place.  I will try not to do it again.

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The DLLs are also available in the ArcGIS for Desktop install (as stated by the documentation).  Since you need to have either the Desktop or Server geoprocessing tool to enable a geodatabase, it makes sense to make the DLLs available in both (organizing and maintaining DLL distribution without the utilities needed to make them work makes less sense).

- V