SQLState NativeError

11-17-2010 06:55 PM
JesseAdams
New Contributor III
I'm trying to install SDE 64-bit on SQL Server Standard.  I'm able to login to the Management Studio using either Windows authentication or SQL Server authentication.  However, when I run the post install it will not create the repository.  It report SQLState and NativeError.  The log file report the same error but repeated over and over again with a different number each time.  See attached.

Specs:
Windows 2008 R2 64x
SQL Server Standard 64x
SDE 64x

Thanks.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Does the SDE user password meet strong password requirements?  When running Mixed Mode authentication, the default is for SQL Server to enforce strong password requirements.  I don't recall the exact error codes at the moment, but I definitely ran into strong password problems once at the same installation steps you are at now.
0 Kudos
JesseAdams
New Contributor III
Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case.  I removed the strong password Windows policy and am able to create a user through Management Studio with the same username and password.  However, doing the same thing through the post install doesn't work.  I also tried an uninstall and re-install with the same results.
0 Kudos
SebastianKönig
New Contributor
Hello.

I have the same problem 😞 See attachement. Is there already a solution for the problem ?

Sebastian
0 Kudos
JesseAdams
New Contributor III
Sebastian,
It was a permissions error writing to the SQL Server default data directory.  Once we moved the SDE repository to a different folder it worked great.

Jesse Adams
North Point Geographic Solutions
www.northpointgis.com
0 Kudos
SebastianKrings
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I have now a similar problem I think.

I am running Arc SDE x64 Postinstallation for SQL Server on MS Server 2008 (x64).
When I enter all information and click "next" a messagebox appears saying: "the geodatabase has been sucessfully created".
When I click "ok" the box disappears and the error from this thread appears. After I click on "ok" the error also disappears and the installation dialog is going next. I now am at the dialog to specify the ArcSDE configuration files.
When I go back, and retype the (same) geodatabase name (it is the only field which is blank now) and klick on "next" only the native error occurs but every time with a different error number (its often 334xxxx).

The directory of the data file and log file was on another drive than "C:\" so theres no windows OS-deny.

Well I could go further now, but how can I be sure, that all works fine?

Thanks for help and advice.
0 Kudos
SebastianKrings
Occasional Contributor
I soluted it in two ways.

When creating a dbo-based database it was necessary to explicity run it as administrator by rightclicking and chose from context menu. Although the icon shows that the application will be run as admin and after clicking normal I are asked to really execute it this will still not function. When explicity running it the same dialog asks me to go furthery and everything is optically the same.

The second problem (for either dbo and sde) was that the password I chose did not meet the windows password security (numbers, special chars, uppercase, etc.). So the error is very misleading here.
0 Kudos