Spatial Views not updating or refreshing correctly

08-04-2015 04:48 AM
LisaDygert
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

I am having issues with the SQL server spatial views not updating, but I cannot unregister as versioned to the many versioned feature classes I manage through our enterprise environment.  (I saw a discussion from 2013 that was similar to this, but the answer doesn't help my situation).  We use ArcGIS 10.2.2, SQL Server Management Studio Express 2008 R2.  I have the option selected to Move Edits to Base on all versioned feature classes and we are only using the Default version.  There are no child versions in our SDE.  We have had issues with the SQL spatial views created using the versioned feature classes not updating correctly at times.  If I go in manually and run the spatial view again, it seems to grab the new information, but until I run a geodatabase compression, the results are even more confusing as it has multiple records for each feature (one for each edit made since the last nightly compression).  I run many automated processes every night and am wondering if there is a way to automatically get SQL Server to refresh the spatial views (all of them as we have many) so that we can avoid the issues and then have the nightly compression completed afterwards to make sure the duplicate records for the same feature do not get included into the spatial view. 

We have hundreds of staff editing the data in our SDE every day and we need to be able to bring those edits in correctly into the spatial views that are accessed by hundreds more.

We have encountered this problem multiple times and each time refreshing the views fixes it, but I hate to have to do that manually each time, plus then have the need to compress the database as well afterwards.   I run many of my nightly updates in Python, so any ideas of how to have SQL update the views automatically using Python would be greatly appreciated.

Any assistance at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

The Spatial Views, should be updated automatically for your scenario.

I'll suggest discussing with Esri Tech Support so that they can take a look at your setup and then troubleshoot.

0 Kudos