Select to view content in your preferred language

Spatial Views in ArcSDe 9.3.1

04-24-2010 10:23 AM
DanPajak
Occasional Contributor
We currently have 80 or so Spatial Views in SDE created in 9.0 & 9.1 that have been upgraded for each new release. We are currently at 9.3.1 and have recently migrated to SQL Server 2008, Window Server 2008 R2 and 64-bit SDE. We need to add some new Spatial Views to our Database. When I create the view we have noticed not all records are returned. On further investigation we have noticed that only features that have had their Geometry modified after upgrade appear in the views. I've tested both Attribute and Geometry updates and have determined only changes to Geometry allow it to be updated in the View.

For example, an Address Point appears in a Feature Class and it has not been edited, Modified, etc for some time. We create a new simple Spatial View (using SDE Command Line) with no where cluase, etc, and the Address Point is not included. If I physically move the Point then Reconcile, Post & Compress I then see that Point in the Spatial View. We have approx. 34k Points in this FC. Has anyone seen this behavior or know of a solution?

All previously created Views continue to be updated correctly, it is simply the newly (after our migration/upgrade to a new server) created Spatial Views exhibiting this behavior.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
I believe this was a known issue -- possibly addressed by SP1 -- Spatial views weren't inheriting
the secondary coordref (for the initially encoded BASIC precision geometry).  If SP1 doesn't fix this,
try updating the SDE.LAYERS table for the view to match the base table.

- V
0 Kudos