Some values in table not showing as domain

Jump to solution
01-06-2015 11:04 AM
TomKearns
Occasional Contributor II

I have a table with coded values as a domain.  In this instance the value of "4" corresponds to "Native".  It is only showing for some of the values of the attribute.

When I am editing, selecting one such as "crushed gravel" will provide me with a dropdown.  Selecting and editing the "4" will only allow integer input, but will not change to reflect the domain when saved.

If queried with the Identify tool, the values show as they are intended, domain not raw value.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomKearns

It was an issue with Nulls existing in the subtype field.  Once they were calculated to anything the domains picked up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TomKearns

Exporting the featureclass to a .shp and re-importing it back into the gdb fixed the issue.  Not sure what caused it.

0 Kudos
TomKearns

Exporting and reimporting  causes more issues than it fixes.  .shp do not hold null values, relationships break and upon re-importation domains automatically duplicate themselves (? same domain with a _1 suffix)

Question still open.

0 Kudos
TomKearns

It was an issue with Nulls existing in the subtype field.  Once they were calculated to anything the domains picked up.

0 Kudos