Single House Subaddress Locator 10.5 - Lost Functionality

04-18-2017 07:05 AM
Kathleen_Crombez
Occasional Contributor III

We just upgraded ArcDesktop from 10.4.1 to 10.5 and I am curious why ESRI has removed the address number prefix and suffix elements from the Single House SubAddress locator? Similarly, why did they decide to get rid of a second sub address option? We have thousands of addresses with both building and unit identifiers. And we have thousands of addresses that have address number suffixes.

It seems to me that this last release has gone backwards in functionality and usability. Is there any plan to bring this capability back to the Single House SubAddress locator in future releases?

2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I don't have an answer for you but I know someone who may be able to shed some light on things for you:  sbritt-esristaff

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

At this time there are no plans to bring back the functionality of the pre-10.5 Singlehouse Subaddress address locator style. The reason for the changes were for quality and performance and since 10.5 we have fixed issues that have been reported by customers at each release since then. The building type and unit components caused  confusion and slowed down the search. The 3 house number parts will need to be concatenated into a single field and the subaddress elements can be broken up between subaddress type and unit or all concatenated into just subaddress unit. More details can be found at http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/geocoding/commonly-used-locator-styles.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_...