SE_stream_set_dynamic_bind

07-09-2014 11:56 PM
ShawnNguyen
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a question regarding the ArcSDE C API, specifically the call SE_stream_set_dynamic_bind. According to the ArcSDE API documentation the function is defined as such (SE_stream_set_dynamic_bind).

LONG SE_stream_set_dynamic_bind (SE_STREAM stream, SHORT position, LONG sde_type, LONG length, const void *data, const SHORT *indicator);

Inside of our code which uses this function I have tried to call it with the following snippet of code.

LONG *data = LONG(2711);

LONG result = SE_stream_set_dynamic_bind(stream, SHORT(1), SE_INT64_TYPE, sizeof(data), data, SHORT(2));

I received a result of 0 or success when I make this call to set the dynamic bind. When I call execute on the stream I also receive a return code of 0 indicating success. However, when I call fetch on the stream I receive a -10 error code signifying a disconnection. I have used both SDETRACELOC and SDEINTERCEPT to try to trace the issue but have found no error message as to what I am doing wrong. If someone have had success using this method would you please let me know if I am using the correct input?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DonOpgenorth
Esri Contributor

I've moved your post into the  Managing Data space.You will get a much better answer here as the GeoNet Help is intended for community help and feedback. I have also added in a few additional tags. You can see more
on the community structure, and what topics are under each space from the following documents:

GeoNet Community Structure

ArcGIS Discussion Forums Migration Strategy

Thanks!

Don

0 Kudos