Select to view content in your preferred language

sde connection and access tables in c# help

03-16-2012 07:51 AM
jamesborris
New Contributor III
Hi, I'm having trouble getting access to the tables in a SQL SDE database using c# .Net. Could anyone please post an example of a connection and then getting accessing a table. My main goal is to take a table from the database (which is a centerline shapefile I loaded) and change its projection. and take a different table and make it a dataset using IDataset or the geodatabse equivalent.Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
You'll need to provide more information about your development environment, since the
product you're using will make a large difference in the details of which kind of connection
you need to make.  Every initial post should include the exact version and service pack
level of your entire software stack (OS, database, ArcSDE, and ArcGIS client). It also helps
if you post the code which is giving you problems, along with the exact error messages.

Please note that most of the development environments (ArcObjects, MapObjects, etc.)
have their own forums specifically for API questions.  It's generally considered "poor
'netiquette" to post the same message in multiple locations, since you're essentially asking
folks to take the time out to help you, then immediately turning your back to them to look
elsewhere (meanwhile, it's now harder for others to search on the same topic in the
search engine, because there's a clutter of possibly conflicting answers).

Since you've already posted this over in ArcObjects, it's probably best for all followups to
go there.

- V
0 Kudos