Run Time Geodatabase Conversion

Jump to solution
02-10-2017 10:06 AM
EugeneHanks
New Contributor II

When trying to convert a .geodatabase to a personal .gdb the conversion fails with an error 001732.  The company we got the .geodatabase from can convert it on their end just fine, has any one else come across this issue or possible might know whats causing the failed conversion.  We are currently running ArcMap 10.5 we even downloaded 10.4.1 to match the company we got the .geodatabase from and it still fails with the lower version.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EugeneHanks
New Contributor II

Finally found the answer to this issue, I discovered that runtime geodatabases are not created equally.

If your runtime goedatabase has a 1-to-many type of relationship the esri Basic License can not covert this type of file, you need a Standard or Advanced License to convert this 1-to-many relationship file.

So in short if you get the error above you will need to upgrade your license or find someone that has the appropriate type of license to covert the file for you, the Basic License can convert a 1-to-1 relationship without any issues.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

Is the .geodatabase file stored on a local machine?  Or over a network?

0 Kudos
EugeneHanks
New Contributor II

It's stored on a network, I did copy it to my local C: and tried the conversion again and still ended up with a conversion error.

0 Kudos
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

I would copy the .geodatabase file to another computer.  Save it on the C:\ drive of that machine and try running the tool on that file.  Try 10.4 first, if that is the version the original file came from. 

0 Kudos
EugeneHanks
New Contributor II

We tried your suggestion and it failed as well.

If i uploaded the file could you try and convert it, I'm starting to wonder if its the way it's installed on our workstation and/or server setup?

0 Kudos
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
EugeneHanks
New Contributor II

@Mitch

I sent the file to your email, just checking in if you had the same issues.

0 Kudos
EugeneHanks
New Contributor II

Finally found the answer to this issue, I discovered that runtime geodatabases are not created equally.

If your runtime goedatabase has a 1-to-many type of relationship the esri Basic License can not covert this type of file, you need a Standard or Advanced License to convert this 1-to-many relationship file.

So in short if you get the error above you will need to upgrade your license or find someone that has the appropriate type of license to covert the file for you, the Basic License can convert a 1-to-1 relationship without any issues.