Select to view content in your preferred language

RGB symbology

06-04-2014 04:56 AM
SaraBertozzi
New Contributor
Hi, it's the first time I write here, and I apologize immediately for my english not so good. I would like to do something that I don't know if it is practicable ... I have created a polygon feature from a 3 band raster through the tool "conversion from raster to polygon" and "dissolve" by value of each band, and then "intersect" the three shapefiles to make a unique layer with 3 fields (Value R, Value B, Value B). Now I would like to simbolize my layer using these three fields (I think by "unique value, many fields") to make the right colour of my elements (corresponding to the cell pixel of the raster below). If I use Properties>symbology>Unique value-many fields I can give a unique value with my three elements but only using a color ramp that Arcmap offer me. Otherwise I can assign the right color to any combination in RGB manually but there are too many combinations, it is impossible.
Do you know if there is a way to do this automatically?

Thank you very much

Sara
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PeterJones
Deactivated User

From my understanding to do this (without python scripting) you would have to add all the values and then use the RGB values (in the fields) to manually colour each unique value.

Depending on how many values you have this may or may not be practical. If you have a lot of unique values I'd suggest you would have to look at some scripting to do this.

0 Kudos