Replicated SDE Feature Classes Perform Very Differently

01-07-2015 12:01 PM
MikeMacRae
Occasional Contributor III

I am working with an sde feature class of land parcels that we replicate so that we have a copy for internal use and a copy for public use. Each feature class lies within different schemas in our oracle database.

The feature classes are very large province wide datasets and I am finding that geoprocessing time on each feature class is drastically different.

I am using the clipping tool to clip out a very large area of the land parcels. In the public feature class it takes about 2-3 minutes to clip. In the internal feature class it was taking hours until i finally killed the process.

I'm fairly new to an sde/oracle setup, so I'm really not sure where to begin troubleshooting why this may be occuring. I'm not even sure what the right question is to ask, so I wanted to post a more general question and see if anyone can throw me in a direction in order to get to the bottom of this.

So, basically, i am asking, what could be a cause of the drastic performance change from one feature class to the next?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
0 Replies