Select to view content in your preferred language

Rebuild Address Locator as Scheduled Task from bat file

03-04-2013 10:33 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
I have a scheduled task running in python 2.6 on a Windows 2008 R2 server (ArcGIS Desktop v10.0 sp4 installed) that rebuilds address locators when call ed from a bat file.

I am trying to migrate this script to python 2.7 on a Windows 2008 R2 server (ArcGIS Desktop v10.1 sp1 installed) where background 64 bit geoprocessing has been enabled.

I have successfully used the arcpy.RebuildAddressLocator in IDLE and manually in ArcToolbox, but when I run it as a scheduled task from a bat file I get ERROR 000005: Could not open the address locator (I get this same error when I run the python script from the command line).  When I try to open the properties of the Address Locator in ArcCatalog after running the bat file, I only get a portion of the Address Locator GUI as it appears that the Address Locator has become corrupted.  This has happened every time I have tried this operation (at least 8 times).

Has anyone had issues rebuilding an Address Locator with python2.7 through a scheduled task or from the command line?

Any help or hints to solve this problem are greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaredYost
Deactivated User
I am running into a bug where it will not rebuild my locator at all even manually through toolbox.  It gives me an error message saying my locator was built with a pre 9.2 ver.  even though I built the address locator just moments ago with 10.1 sp1.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
What is the datasource for your address locator?  Please include version of software including service packs.
0 Kudos
AllenDailey1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello!  Did you ever find an answer to this problem?  I know this post is extremely old, but I recently ran into a similar situation.

0 Kudos