Re-establish feature class and table relation

06-03-2021 03:42 AM
Labels (2)
DEI
by
Occasional Contributor

I set up a feature class for locations and a related table for inspections. Not knowing exactly what all information I would need to collect in the field, I enabled the z and m values. As it turns out, enabling z and m values creates an error when submitting a report in Survey123. In order to remove the z and m values, I followed this: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000010389

In the process, I lost the relationship between the locations and inspections. I have just over 100 inspections already logged. Is there a way to re-establish the relationship?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you use Add Relate (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation to establish the relate initially?

and this subsequently? Create Relationship Class (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DEI
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks DanPatterson,

Yes, I initially established the relate then created a 1:M relationship class between locations and inspections (GlobalID locations as Primary Key, GUID inspections as Foreign Key) then uploaded to AGOL for field crew to use with Field Maps, QuickCapture, and Survey123. Didn't have a problem until field guys tried to submit a Survey123 report which, after some research, found the issue with the z & m values. I then exported the existing to FDGB from AGOL in order to try to remove the z & m values in ArcGIS Pro. It's during this process where the relate gets broken. I tried to re-establish the relate using the Create Relationship Class tool but the original relate is not recognized. Do you know if it's possible to re-establish the original relate after removing the z & m values?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't know about "re-establish" since the help topic only mentions delete (amongst others).  You might want to try tech support if you don't want to recreate it

... sort of retired...
DEI
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks again - I reached out to tech support and they are looking into it.

0 Kudos