Raster NoDATA Value Error 010004 Driving me crazy!

01-04-2012 03:40 PM
JenniferHan
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm doing viewshed analysis on telephone lines and I keep getting the following error messages:

ERROR 010004: All cells in Raster test_ned_1104.tif have the NODATA value. Stop execution.
ERROR 010160: Unable to open raster C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\Viewshe_tif1.
ERROR 010160: Unable to open raster C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\Viewshe_tif1.
Failed to execute (Viewshed).

The elevation raster data I'm using HAS values.  When I pick a point, cell value and pixel values come up. 

I have another shapefile, a line feature file and I've added OFFSETA and RADIUS2 columns to the attributes table so that the output raster will be limited to certain height and area.  This is correct, right?

I don't get what I'm missing and it's driving me crazy.  I can't seem to find relevant information on the forum either. 

Could someone please help me with this issue? 

Thank you!
7 Replies
GayathriAlallasundaram
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
JenniferHan
New Contributor
I did read the error solutions, but they are not helping.  The cells DO have data... that is my issues. I don't know why they're registering as "NoDATA" values.  I tried playing around with extent environments before I run the data, but that's not helping either.

Any other recommendations besides what solutions say?
0 Kudos
GayathriAlallasundaram
New Contributor III
Hi,

Try adding the input by browsing to the raster location instead of using the Table of Contents layer.

-Gayu
0 Kudos
BenjaminZank1
New Contributor III
I am having this same issue running the viewshed tool from a geoprocessing script. I tried calculating statistics, setting the extent environment, pointing to a different DEM but nothing seems to be working.

I have a different script that uses viewshed that seem to run just fine. I don't understand what difference betwen the two scripts is causing the problem.

If anyone has worked this out I would appreciate the help.

-Ben
SelenaMasnikosa
New Contributor
Has anyone found a solution to this, i seem to be having the same problem
JonPedder
Occasional Contributor II
I'm having the exact same issue in 10.1

010004 : All cells in grid <value> have the NODATA value. Stop execution

If i run the same data in a brand new mxd and db it runs the viewshed correctly, so I don;t feel like it's data. Maybe an issue with the mxd or database ?

edit --
must be an issue in the mxd, I used  anew blank mxd with an existing db and it works.
Problem is I need to use this existing mxd.

If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it

Thanks

Jon
0 Kudos
JonPedder
Occasional Contributor II
I resolved my issue, the error message had nothing to do with my resolution though. I had two Layers with the same name, they were inside separate layer groups.

I removed the offending duplicate, i assume that renaming would have also worked.
0 Kudos