Projecting a Raster

12-14-2016 11:31 AM
MuneshwarParasram
New Contributor

I am trying to project the ESRI OpenStreet raster map from WGS Auxillary Mercator projection to WGS 1984 geographic coordinatesystem. This is to be used within a third party application ( NOT ESRI!) in which the WGS 1984 geographic system IS REQUIRED.The third party application cannot project on the fly.therefore I must reproject the image. I´ve tried using the project raster tool which uses the NEAREST resampling method. The image appears blurry and unnoticeable.

Projecting this raster takes a long time so Can some please advise on an appropriate methodology?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Project Raster—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

dor categorical data, you have nearest neighbour or majority as the best choices... neither should change the values.  I suspect you are not setting cell size appropriately and/or the extent or other settings.  Rea the help and don't use the defaults unless you know they are appropriate for your situation.

MuneshwarParasram
New Contributor

Could you suggest an appropriate cell size etc to set?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

by default it takes 1/250 of the width.  that is not appropriate in most cases... it is something that you have to determine based upon consideration of what other data you intend to use and your inter-point spacing that is being used in the interpolation

0 Kudos
MuneshwarParasram
New Contributor

Could you suggest an appropriate cell size etc to set?

0 Kudos