Problems with polyline to raster conversion

11-06-2014 05:54 AM
JuliaKamp
New Contributor II

I have a line feature class, displaying different types of roads (from OpenStreetMap) in my map. As the base layer (CorineLandCover) is raster, I also would like to have the roads in raster format. So I used the tool 'convert polyline to raster' and chose as Value Field 'type' of road. A new layer is displaying. However, this layer is pretty empty. The attribute table does not display any data, only the headings of the coloums are visbile, but no rows. In the map it is also not visbile. When I choose 'Zoom to Layer' it just zooms out very far and thats it.

Actually I had done everything yesterday (the conversion step is just the first of what I did), but today everything is gone... not available anymore, nowhere to find ... I think this is due to some saving mistakes and/or missing space on the hardrive. Only the model builder from yesterday is till there, so I thought I could easily restore the map I did yesterday ... but I can't and I have no idea why.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me, cause I'm getting quite desperate ^^.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Julia,

Could you provide the shapefile/feature class (or a subset) of the roads layer you are working with?

0 Kudos
JuliaKamp
New Contributor II

Hey Jake,

I'm working with OpenStreetMap and I downloaded the file for the Netherlands and the file 'Nordrhein-Westfahlen' for Germany. I have downloaded it here: http://download.geofabrik.de/europe.html.

0 Kudos
JuliaKamp
New Contributor II

Oh and from this I am just using roads and railways.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Were is the metadata link that describes the coordinate system information?

0 Kudos