Problem adding large number of 1-bit rasters

09-11-2012 06:07 AM
ChristopherStrother
New Contributor II
I have >9000 binary rasters that I've created. I want to add them all together to arrive at a frequency of events for each cell. I've tried using Model Builder and the Iterator to run Cell Statistics. I've also tried Greater Than Frequency. The process completes without error, but each time the result is a raster with all 0 values (not NoData). I've tinkered around with some Python scripts as well to no avail. Anyone have any ideas? I am suspicious of the 1 bit data in the original rasters as the culprit.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesKelly2
New Contributor

Hey Christopher,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am running into the same issue now and was wondering if you could add any insight. I suspect it has something to do with the NoData setting, but I am not sure how to correct it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

For the Cell statistics tool there is the optional parameter

ignore_nodata

(Optional)

Denotes whether NoData values are ignored by the statistic calculation.

<esri_enumhead><esri_enumvaluehd><esri_enumdeschd>
  • DATA Only cells that have data values will be used in determining the statistic value.If a NoData value exists at a  certain location, the NoData value will be ignored. Only cells that have data values will be used in determining the output.
  • NODATA All input cells at each  location, including those with a value of NoData, will be used in determining the statistic.
0 Kudos