Overlaying

02-15-2017 04:18 AM
alexandernongkhlaw
New Contributor

Hi please help me it is very urgent...i have a vector data of 1:25000 which was digitized and the raster is of 1:50000...so now i wan the vector data to aligned with the toposheet of 1:50000 as their is a shift when i overlay the vector data on 1:50000 toposheet..how can it be done so that the vector data is aligned on 1:50000 toposheet..please help me..thank youw

0 Kudos
16 Replies
alexandernongkhlaw
New Contributor

in the image two red line s correct whereas there is a shift on the green line

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

How were these created? was CAD involved?  they look slightly rotated and scaled. This isn't just a coordinate system issue and I doubt they will ever match perfectly or even close since, although there are similarities, the differences between them is great.  I would pick the one that matches the imagery ... if one does ... and use it. If the digitizing was done of the image, its coordinate system would need to be known in the event that the coordinate system of the vectors used it

0 Kudos
alexandernongkhlaw
New Contributor

the green line was digitized of different scale i guess cause i just got the data from a friend whereas the red line s from field survey so inorder to save time i ask from my friend since all the data s there so i dont need to go to the field anymore

0 Kudos
alexandernongkhlaw
New Contributor

so thats why i wana know if theres any method to get the data correct 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

trying to use spatial adjustment but I suspect that the number of links needed between the two may be too many and the results less than satisfactory.  You could give it a try, or if you are just trying to show additions or removals or small changes in the network, it might be faster to just do those to a copy of the 'best' one that you have.  Give it a try first

alexandernongkhlaw
New Contributor

ok il try..thank you

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Considering both the vector data and the toposheet are in same coordinate system,

1) If the shift is uniform, you may like to select all features and use Move tool from Editor Toolbar Moving a feature by dragging it

2) If the shift is non-uniform, you may like to use Spatial Adjustment toolbar. About Spatial Adjustment

Think Location