ORA-12537:TNS:connection closed. No extended error.

Jump to solution
03-01-2014 09:15 PM
SteveS
by
New Contributor II
I am trying to create a geodatabase(ArcSDE 10.2.1) in an Oracle database(11.2.0.1) on Windows 8. I had Installed Oracle(db),  and Oracle client(11.2.0.1 32 bit) on the same machine and copied tnsnames.ora from ...\11.2.0\dbhome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN to ....\11.2.0\client_1\NETWORK\ADMIN. While executing Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool, I encounter error.

ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed. No extended error.Failed to execute (CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase).

I understand that ORA-12537 is specific to configuration issues in the sqlnet.ora/listener.ora files. Can you please help me to fix this.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
The OTN Forum post might help you to fix the error.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
EmadAl-Mousa
on your machine where Oracle Client directory is placed, double check your TNSNAMES.ORA for your database

Also, from command prompt (use cmd) and then use "sqlplus" command to check your accessiblity.
0 Kudos
SteveS
by
New Contributor II
Thanks for your suggestion. Oracle(db), and Oracle client is installed in the same machine. After installing Oracle client, I had copied tnsnames.ora from Oracle(db) directory to Oracle client directory. I can find the same error(ORA-12537), in Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Control.
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
You definitely want to get Oracle tools working with this listener before attempting
third party clients like ArcGIS.

- V
ForrestJones
Esri Contributor
Hi Steve,

You could try using the oracle ez connect syntax for the instance value: <hostname>/<ora service name>
NidhinKarthikeyan
The OTN Forum post might help you to fix the error.
SteveS
by
New Contributor II
Thanks Vangelo , Fojo and nidhinkn. The Oracle forum post helped me.
0 Kudos