Odd Error Upon Rematching Addresses

Jump to solution
12-11-2020 01:01 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS Pro 2.6

I am encountering an odd error when rematching address in arcgis Pro.  Unmatched addresses is nothing new for the data I'm working with, and to try and speed up the rematch process I edit the values in the Single Line Input field save the edits and rematch.  Utah addresses are easy to fudge: if an address like 6349 W 7380 S misses, I run a little python script that rounds it to the nearest hundred so the Single Line Input value is 6300 W 7400 S.  I have a POI role in my locator for those rounded values so that is a good match.

The problem I'm encountering is it works to a point.  I select a number of unmatched addresses, update the Single Line Input field and rematch.  I can do that several times and then I get this error:

JoeBorgione_0-1607719983805.png

The locator and all the data I'm working with is all local and for that matter, I am signed into AGOL for my Pro License.  It seems random; one time it'll error out with 120 records selected, other times with 50 records selected.  I have a machine with Pro 2.5 on it and when all 500 + records are selected, they rematch just fine.  

If I manually click through the unmatched records with the green check in the rematch pane, I rematch all day long, but not in bulk.  I have a big geocoding project coming up and I know there will be tons of bad addresses which is why I testing this approach now on smaller address tables.

@BradNiemand 

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I think I got things figured out;  not sure why the above query didn't work out for me.  Today, I worked on my python script such that it does not leave any <null> values behind.  Now I just rematch the all the unmatched addresses rather than performing the selection at all.  Seems to work just fine.

My suspicion is that is one of those  generic errors that gets picked up somewhere and has you chasing a red herring...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Working with it some more, it is just a quarky weird error.  I just got it again after adjusting all the Single Line Input Values and rematching a selected set of Status = U and Single Line Input Is Not Null.  It threw the error, and I tried it again a moment later and it rematched beautifully. 

Can't explain it.  If I can get it to work more often than not, I'll call it good...

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I think I got things figured out;  not sure why the above query didn't work out for me.  Today, I worked on my python script such that it does not leave any <null> values behind.  Now I just rematch the all the unmatched addresses rather than performing the selection at all.  Seems to work just fine.

My suspicion is that is one of those  generic errors that gets picked up somewhere and has you chasing a red herring...

0 Kudos
CBeck
by
New Contributor II

I'm also getting this error and despite recreating my locators in different configs I cannot make it work as soon as I hit the rematch. I guess the interm solution is just to go back to ArcMap where it just works?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

@CBeck -

Personally, I wouldn't go back to the old style locators and ArcMap. Truth is the agency I work for is strictly a Pro shop...

When I created this original post, I was using Pro 2.6 and I'm now using 2.8.2.  I don't recall every getting the error message since I created this post.  What version of Pro are you using, and what style of locators? What is the source of the data you are matching to?

0 Kudos