null geometry sde, unable to delete or use replace geometry tool

Jump to solution
06-11-2015 01:46 PM
ShaneLim
Occasional Contributor

I have 8 line segments that have a geometry of null.  I am unable to delete them or replace them.  They are in a multi-version SDE environment running on MSSQL and participating in a Geometric network.  Is there anything I can do to get them to go away? The constantly give me errors and currently I am unable to create a replication for someone in a distant office.

Shane

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaneLim
Occasional Contributor

I was able to fix the problem by deleting the geometric network, dropping all the versions and then deleting the rows.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Hi Shane, have you tried running the repair geometry tool?

0 Kudos
ShaneLim
Occasional Contributor

Repair Geometry is not available for SDE datasets.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I Know others have mention the repair geometry ​ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)   and you say it's not available....just out of curiosity, have you tried?  Looks like the help says it's not needed, but at least for the 10.x version attached, I didn't see it not being available.  Still might be worth a try if you haven't.

• SDE geodatabases automatically check and repair feature geometries when the features are uploaded to the database, so using the Check Geometry and Repair Geometry tools with SDE feature classes is unnecessary.
0 Kudos
ShaneLim
Occasional Contributor

When you run the tool it only allows you to pick personal or file geodatabases.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shane,

What is the error you receive when you try to delete the features?

0 Kudos
ShaneLim
Occasional Contributor

Unable to delete feature with Null Geometry.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Do you receive the same error when you select the features and then run the 'Delete Rows' tool?

ShaneLim
Occasional Contributor

Yes.  And when I use the replace geometry tool.

0 Kudos
ShaneLim
Occasional Contributor

I was able to fix the problem by deleting the geometric network, dropping all the versions and then deleting the rows.