Not enough memory?

12-15-2015 03:11 PM
CarlosHernandez8
New Contributor II

I have Windows 8.1, I tested with 10.2.2 and 10.3 ArcMap I'm exporting to PDF and get the error after a while "not enough memory" ah! I have 16gb of ram and you increase virtual memory, clean, defragment the disk ... etc .... I had never happened ... someone can help me ....... Greetings.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is always helpful to post specific error messages, either the code and result if scripting or a screenshot in using the GUI.  That said, ArcGIS for Desktop is a 32-bit application so it has some memory limitations regardless of how much memory the operating system is running.  If you run task manager and watch the memory usage, how high is it getting before getting the error message?

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

have you installed ArcGIS Pro? and tried it there?

Addendum....

it is 64 bit, ergo...not as limited memory-wise

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Use OneNote and it has "Take screen clippings" and the paste to OneNote and save it as png file..

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

At my age I can totally identify with not enough memory...

Wait.  What were we discussing?

That should just about do it....
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I added an addendum Joe...I knew I had a point in my original post...but it is hard to keep focused some days isn't it

DanEvans
Occasional Contributor II
0 Kudos
DanEvans
Occasional Contributor II

Also, there are some setting in the AdvancedArcMapSettings utility, found in: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\Utilities (or similar depending on OS and version):

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

This thread is old and the Article only goes up to 10.3.1, but I am encountering this issue in 10.5.1.  Has anyone encountered this exporting/printing issue in 10.5.1?

Does anyone know what specifically fixed the issue for them in previous versions of ArcMap?

0 Kudos