NoData strips after

06-21-2011 07:49 AM
ValentinMüller
New Contributor
Dear all

After doing a "Mosaic To New Raster" of a mosaic with around 150 ASTER GDEM tiles I get a new raster dataset with some parallel NoData strips which in the mosaic dataset have data. Both the mosaic data (and the tiles) and the output grid have the same spatial reference (WGS 1984). What am I doint wrong?
For illustration I attached a screenshot of the result.

Thanks for any help
-- mr. kanister
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkEllis
New Contributor II
First, confirm that there is no gap in the source imagery.  If at least one raster has a value where the output shows NODATA, it might be a matter of setting parameters in the tool.

The last two optional parameters are Mosaic Operator and Mosaic Colormap Mode. The default for the former is LAST, which gives the output the value of the last source raster that overlaps that cell. If this is NODATA, that will appear in the output. By changing this to MAXIMUM (or whatever suits your data best), NODATA values will be overridden by actual values in the output.

The same idea holds for the Mosaic Colormap Mode, but with options for a colormap instead of cell values.
0 Kudos
ValentinMüller
New Contributor
First, confirm that there is no gap in the source imagery.  If at least one raster has a value where the output shows NODATA, it might be a matter of setting parameters in the tool.

The last two optional parameters are Mosaic Operator and Mosaic Colormap Mode. The default for the former is LAST, which gives the output the value of the last source raster that overlaps that cell. If this is NODATA, that will appear in the output. By changing this to MAXIMUM (or whatever suits your data best), NODATA values will be overridden by actual values in the output.

The same idea holds for the Mosaic Colormap Mode, but with options for a colormap instead of cell values.

Thanks Mark, that did the trick! Although the input tiles didn't have any NoData cells...
0 Kudos