negative shape area

Jump to solution
10-23-2012 07:03 AM
AndreasDaim
Occasional Contributor
hey,

I just figured out, that a polygons where the lines cross another have a minus count "SHAPE Area".

Can i change this by rebuilding the polygons with some geoprocessing?

attachment:
the blue selected polygon was captured with a mobile GPS handheld. In fact, that there is an GPS error of 2m and some captured areas were little, the polygonlines sometimes crossed itself and as seen at this example in the attribute table, the area seems to be zero.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18641[/ATTACH]

gz
andreas
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndreasDaim
Occasional Contributor
but I need the captured area of these polygons correctly, also if during capuring the polygon drawing line was crossed and therefore results in this bad area.

I could "repair" this polygons manually by reshaping the crossing over area, but in fact that there are many - much work.
any kind of automatisation possible?

king regards
andreas

solved the problem manually with the "Check Geometry" Tool

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
If it were me, I'd do one of two things: (1)delete the offending polygon, or (2)merge it into the surrounding polygon, or (3) delete each of the vertices of the offending polygon...
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
AndreasDaim
Occasional Contributor
but I need the captured area of these polygons correctly, also if during capuring the polygon drawing line was crossed and therefore results in this bad area.

I could "repair" this polygons manually by reshaping the crossing over area, but in fact that there are many - much work.

king regards
andreas
0 Kudos
AndreasDaim
Occasional Contributor

king regards
andreas

solved the problem manually with the "Check Geometry" Tool
0 Kudos