mxdperfstat issues MxdRefreshTimer error

Jump to solution
11-06-2014 06:18 AM
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to run mxdperfstat10 and get the error "MxdRefreshTimer has stopped working". I've searched and cannot find anything on this topic.

Is anyone else getting this error and were you able to resolve it?

Problem Details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: mxdperfstat10.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4c48d75c

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18409

Fault Module Timestamp: 53159a86

Exception Code: e0434f4d

Exception Offset: 0000c42d

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

I am running ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 SP1 on a machine with 64-bit Windows 7 Enterprise SP1.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

mxdperfstat on ArcGIS.com.  Download the ZIP file and there is a version of the program for each ArcGIS version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

From what you have provided, it looks like you may be using the wrong version.  If you are running ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 SP1, try running mxdperfstat10.1.exe instead of mxdperfstat10.exe.

0 Kudos
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

Is there a 10.1 version? If so, where is it located as I've not been able to find it.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

mxdperfstat on ArcGIS.com.  Download the ZIP file and there is a version of the program for each ArcGIS version.

0 Kudos
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

I was able to download and run this. Thanks for the help.

I would not have thought to look in ArcGIS.  How were you able to locate this?  Is there a specific area I need to search?

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have engaged with the developer in the past to sort out some issues with it.  I can't recall how I first found it.  I just did a Google search on "mxdperfstat 10.2" (the 10.2 being important), and the second hit is to ArcGIS.com.  The same search with 10.1 didn't yield as good of results.

When it comes to ArcGIS tools and scripts, I have always found it frustrating how scattered they are under different sites and even domains.  I have found using Google with its site: operator as being most useful.  I have read that Esri is near deploying a new site for scripts and tools, hopefully it will be better than our current situation.