Multiple hatches with the same value on a line

Jump to solution
09-03-2014 02:10 AM
ArnoldKuilman
Occasional Contributor

After calibrating a route, I have some of the hatches showing multiple times. When zoomed in they show real close together as illustrated in the image below. Does anyone have seen this before, and know what the solution is to remove those multiple hatches, and make sure of a correct calibration?

Thanks in advance!

GIS for Hydrographic Surveying

multiple hatches.png

0 Kudos
16 Replies
ArnoldKuilman
Occasional Contributor

Yes M resolution is 0.0001, tolerance is 0.001

If I increase tolerance/resolution, the problem stays.

0 Kudos
RiyasDeen
Occasional Contributor III

That explains your second image, Difference in measure between your calibration points is 0.00102 because of your tolerance (0.001) value there is no change in measure between these two calibration point. That's why you are getting measure between these points as 0.000

Try creating a new feature class with tolerance 0.00001 and resolution 0.000001. You should get different measure at your hatches.

ArnoldKuilman
Occasional Contributor

Problem solved, I forgot to increase the M-resolution for the line feature itself. I only increased the resolution for the calibration points!!

Thanks for the help!!

problem_solved.png

0 Kudos
RiyasDeen

Hi Arnold,

How about the hatches in your first image, has it gone as well?

0 Kudos
ArnoldKuilman
Occasional Contributor

Here is the answer: Thanks again for all the help!!

problem_solved.png

0 Kudos
RiyasDeen

Interesting!!! Now i'm out of reasons . Can you post a subset of your route feature and calibration points where you have issues. I'll have a closer look.

0 Kudos
GeorgeNewbury
Occasional Contributor

Start an edit session and look at the M values for the vertices along that line in that area.

0 Kudos