Moving several Vertices from a water polyline to GPS Water Valve points

12-02-2015 09:39 AM
KT81
by
New Contributor III

So as the Title states I am looking at methods to move a set segmented polyline vertices for our waterlines to the location of our GPS Valves?  I tried using the Snap Tool but it gets to carried away with which segment to use and messes with the waterline segments to much. I also have been trying to utilize the Geometric Network wizard with no luck.  Is there a way to precisely change or move the vertices of this segmented set of lines to the new locations of the GPS Valves?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elizabeth_R_Jarvie
New Contributor III

Did you try changing your snapping tolerance so that it doesn't "get carried away"?

0 Kudos
KT81
by
New Contributor III

yeah I did I am only trying small portion of the waterline and I measured the distance of the valves from the water line the range was from around 2 to 9 feet so I tried 10 feet first and it ended up forcing the line segments into single segments in some areas making a mess of the waterlines.  so basically if you had a two segment line it would make it a single segment line.

0 Kudos
KT81
by
New Contributor III

Elizabeth after thinking about it for a while, i was wondering when you create a water network that has Valves connected to that network and you move a valve does the Waterline that is associated with that valve move as well.?

0 Kudos