Move multiple verticesto an exact x,y location

12-08-2016 09:57 AM
stephenstoewer
New Contributor

I need to move hundreds of vertices to and exact x,y location. I know I can double click a single vertex and select "move to" but I might as well just drag and drop to the new location, is there a way to move multiple all at one?

Thanks much!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

If they are going to maintain their relative position to one another just select them all. You can then drag all of them. Additionally, there will be a feint 'x' in the middle of the selection, this is a snapping handle. If you mouse over it and hit the control key you can move the handle to a specific spot and use it as the snap point while moving everything.

-Adam Z

stephenstoewer
New Contributor

Thanks David,

Unfortunately, I need them all to an exact x,y location and they will not maintain their relative position.

Stephen

0 Kudos
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Okay. You have an existing feature class and a list of where the features should be XY wise, right? Is there an identifier in your XY information that could be used to associate the existing feature class to the correct positions? You could bring the correct positions into ArcMap using Add XY Layer, joint the existing FC to it and then export it as a new FC.

-Adam Z

0 Kudos
keithlewis
New Contributor

You can move a feature an exact x,y offset by using the Editor toolbar, Move command. This will move all vertices that same distance.

0 Kudos