Mosaic to New Raster Issue

02-10-2021 06:53 AM
Labels (2)
markrichards1988
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to combine multiple tifs into a single later using the Mosaic to New Raster tool. The tool works appropriately except that the colors for several of the rasters are changed and look wierd. I have tried several different setting and each creates a different set of colors. See attached, one is screenshot from ArcGis Pro, One is the result after Tool was run.

Additionally I would like the dead space outside of the raster images to have no value. In the generated tiff, the outside was made black.Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Mosaic To New Raster (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Mosaic (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

There is discussion in the help topics about colormaps being different, and sometimes Mosaic is recommended instead.  Does this apply to your situation?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
markrichards1988
New Contributor

Yes I believe there is some issue with the colormap. I just tried the mosiac tool with a similar result I tried different options for the colormap mode and mosaic operator in the mosiaic tool but could get things to match up.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

They seem to be scanned maps. Perhaps from different sources?  I guess they aren't part of a mosaic dataset either.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
markrichards1988
New Contributor
There are about 7 geotiff's. I'm not sure of their origin as I received the files from friend.

My hope is to combine these with the topo's for the area so create a map of the region. I tried to use a mosaic dataset but had a difficult time exporting a high resolution printable file from there dataset.
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I suspect that you will have a hard time color matching if they are from other sources.  Ask the friend, perhaps there isn't a cutup version or one at a lower resolution which might still be suitable for printing

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos