Make Query Table: SQL not working

04-23-2017 03:41 PM
LindsayTrujillo
New Contributor

Problem: I am trying to create a Time Series Animation of Census Population in Chicago from 1930 to 2010 (per 10 years) by Community Areas (77).

I already transposed the data, ensuring that every community area feature had a population estimate per 10 years with a final record count of 693. 

However, I am having trouble with the 'Make Query Table' step. I am trying to make a one to many join by Community Area name. Here is how it already looks like. 

Here is the attempted query: 

The query is verified, but no records were returned. (I attempted to remove the quotes but generated an error message when I clicked 'OK' on Query Builder and Make Query Table.)

I heard that this could've been a potential bug, so I went through with that query and my final table was not appropriate. I had the same 693 records, BUT the 'CommunityAreasFC.community' field repeated only 1 community area value ('DOUGLAS'). 

I reversed the query ('widedataset_transposefields.Comm_Areas'='CommunityAreasFC.community') and had a different output, but same problem. 77 records were produced with 'widedataset_transposefields.Comm_Areas' field repeating 'Rogers Park' for all values. 

What am I missing in my query? I am working in ArcGIS 10.4 and working in a geodatabase. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
0 Replies