Losing attribute data and points when merging

10-01-2013 12:15 PM
SteveYork
New Contributor
I have several feature classes I'm trying to merge together. I have done this several times and get some thing different every time. I was looking the attributes and some have been changed to 0,merged into the same column, or just not there. I am working in Arc10 but one of my co-workers is working in 9.3 and is havin gthe same trouble.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor
Steve,

Are you setting anything in the Field Map section of the Merge tool, such as Merge Rule, etc.?  Also, are you getting the same issues with other/similar data?

Matt
0 Kudos
SteveYork
New Contributor
Steve,

Are you setting anything in the Field Map section of the Merge tool, such as Merge Rule, etc.?  Also, are you getting the same issues with other/similar data?

Matt

Matt,
No I haven't set anything in the field map. What I'm trying to merge is GPS points. My co-worker is having the same problem with lines(water line). I hope this made sense.
0 Kudos
MelanieSummers
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Steve,

Do you see the same behavior when using the append tool?

Best,
Melanie S.
0 Kudos
SteveYork
New Contributor
Hi Steve,

Do you see the same behavior when using the append tool?

Best,
Melanie S.

I haven't tried the append tool, I'll try it and let you know how it goes. Thank you for your input.
0 Kudos
SteveYork
New Contributor
Melanie,
I used the append tool and it did work better, but I still have points that didn't show up. What i mean by better is the data was there for all the ones that came in.
0 Kudos