Select to view content in your preferred language

Looking for South Sudan shapefile with 28 states...

12-01-2016 02:14 AM
linH
by
Deactivated User

Hi all,

I am looking for a shapefile/esri geodatabase with the 28 newly formed states of South Sudan (since 2015 South Sudan consist of 28 instead of 10 states). And preferably even a shapefile with the 180 counties, but that might be a bridge too far...

Anyone who can help me out?

Thanks a lot, Linda

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor
linH
by
Deactivated User

Thanks a lot, but I already tried both websites. They both have the 10 outdated states, not the new 28 states. It seems a complete transformation in the administrative system of South Sudan goes unnoticed by the rest of the world... States of South Sudan - Wikipedia . Any other suggestions where to try?

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

I've searched for those boundaries and can't find any official reference to them.  They might have been revised again.  Have a look at the boundaries provided by the UN OCHA here: South Sudan - Administrative Boundaries - Humanitarian Data Exchange 

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

28States_SouthSudan

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/28_States_of_South_Sudan.png

I can see this image from Wikipedia. Maybe you could geo-reference the image and digitize the boundaries.

Think Location
linH
by
Deactivated User

Thanks all for your help. I managed to georeference the image and digitize the boundaries, as for a lot of the new states the fromer county borders were used. However, it stays interesting that no maps with 28 states seem to exist . Is that because even the Sudanese government doesn't believe in it? Thank you all, linda

0 Kudos
HaskettGeorge
Occasional Contributor

Hello Linda,

Any chance you are willing to share your South Sudan border files?

Have you updated them to 32 states yet?

Thanks,

MichaelFalk
Occasional Contributor

I am also interested in this updated shapefile, thank you.

0 Kudos