Looking for South Sudan shapefile with 28 states...

12-01-2016 02:14 AM
linH
by
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am looking for a shapefile/esri geodatabase with the 28 newly formed states of South Sudan (since 2015 South Sudan consist of 28 instead of 10 states). And preferably even a shapefile with the 180 counties, but that might be a bridge too far...

Anyone who can help me out?

Thanks a lot, Linda

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor
linH
by
New Contributor

Thanks a lot, but I already tried both websites. They both have the 10 outdated states, not the new 28 states. It seems a complete transformation in the administrative system of South Sudan goes unnoticed by the rest of the world... States of South Sudan - Wikipedia . Any other suggestions where to try?

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

I've searched for those boundaries and can't find any official reference to them.  They might have been revised again.  Have a look at the boundaries provided by the UN OCHA here: South Sudan - Administrative Boundaries - Humanitarian Data Exchange 

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

28States_SouthSudan

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/28_States_of_South_Sudan.png

I can see this image from Wikipedia. Maybe you could geo-reference the image and digitize the boundaries.

Think Location
linH
by
New Contributor

Thanks all for your help. I managed to georeference the image and digitize the boundaries, as for a lot of the new states the fromer county borders were used. However, it stays interesting that no maps with 28 states seem to exist . Is that because even the Sudanese government doesn't believe in it? Thank you all, linda

0 Kudos
HaskettGeorge
New Contributor III

Hello Linda,

Any chance you are willing to share your South Sudan border files?

Have you updated them to 32 states yet?

Thanks,

MichaelFalk
New Contributor II

I am also interested in this updated shapefile, thank you.

0 Kudos