Locator "Additional Field" not being written to output feature class

06-28-2012 08:11 AM
HarryBowman
New Contributor III
I built a locator with a field on my street data mapped as the left and right additional field in the locator definition (US DUAL style). I reproduced it with Canadian data. Same problem.
When I geocode addresses, the additional field is NOT written to output.
Have others run into this?
[removed irrelevancies about data size and compile time. Also Bug DB is now searchable by text string.]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Building a locator for the entire US took 9 hours?  Sounds like a bargain to me.  I can't imagine that much work taking less time.

How about you test a smaller (much smaller, like a single state or better yet, a single county) and see what happens?  If you are still getting those kinds of results, maybe then you should log a bug with tech support....
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
HarryBowman
New Contributor III
If you are still getting those kinds of results, maybe then you should log a bug with tech support....

Tested one Canadian Province. Still fails. No output field for the "additional field" added to the locator.
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Noticed you toned down your original response.  I'll think twice before responding to one of your posts.

Good luck in your endeavors friend.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor
Harry

Please log a support call, if the output fields are not being created it may be a bug.

It will help a lot if you can supply some of your data too.

Regards
0 Kudos
HarryBowman
New Contributor III
Harry

Please log a support call, if the output fields are not being created it may be a bug.

It will help a lot if you can supply some of your data too.

Regards

OK. Our IT guy is the designated support person, but I'll ask him. I have a tiny snip of streets, the locator, and one address to reproduce the error. Anyone should be able to reproduce it, since it happens all the time.
0 Kudos